HP Pavilion DV6187ea near perfect installation…? - Hackintosh Lion - Hackintosh Zone HP Pavilion DV6187ea near perfect installation…? Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nick Lionas

HP Pavilion DV6187ea near perfect installation…?

Hello all!

After quite some time of trying to figure out how I could possibly update my Snow Leopard installation

and have every major hardware operational I achieved my goal using this distribution

(after the initial installation I had to inject some info for my Nvidia GO 7400 and use VoodooHDA). The only

hardware I replaced was the WiFi adapter with an Atheros AR5BXB112. 

However I still face a few secondary issues and was wondering how I could possibly resolve them 

and have a perfect system.

So to be more exact :

a ) I haven't managed to force my laptop to "wake up" after getting into sleep mode

b ) the Audio appears to have poor quality (as if my speakers are blown)

c ) Chrome does not display anything, where Safari is almost perfect (although I cannot watch any

youtube videos and hear only sound)

d ) my system is recognized as a Macbook Air in "About This Mac -> More Info", however when I press

"More Info" it appears as MacBook 3,1 and when I reach the logon screen I get a message to install a 

bluetooth mouse...

e ) can I upgrade from 10.7.3 to 10.7.5 without a problem or should I stay there?

Thanks in advance for all responses.