Best FakeID for AMD Radeon HD 6700 series? - OS X Yosemite 10.10 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gennaro

Best FakeID for AMD Radeon HD 6700 series?

Question

Hello everyone, and thank you for opening and reading my thread!
Allright, I'll get straight into the point: I have successfully installed Yosemite on a 2nd hard drive in my pc (I must point out that I installed a distro of it that included Chameleon), but as soon as I launched it I got a REALLY crappy graphic, with wrong resolution and major graphical glitches (PS: also it was really slow, frames per seconds like a power point presentation). I tried to install random stuff with MultiBeast (I'm kind of a hackintosh noob) but none of it seemed to be working. So, googleing online I found out that my video card, the AMD Radeon HD 6700 series, is unsupported.

BUT, I found out that with clover I can (if I got it right) "fake" the DeviceID of my video card so that macintosh believes that it is a similar video card, but this time supported.
I already tried a few IDs but none of them worked; so my question is:

Which FakeID should I tell Clover to run in order to have a decent graphic? and also
Would any of you guys kindly re-explain to me how exactly to do this FakeID trick? Because it may be that i'm missing something.

By the way: this is my video card (viewed with Speccy)

150557d1441913592t-best-fakeid-amd-radeo

And this is my motherboard (in case it is needed)

150559d1441913842t-best-fakeid-amd-radeo

1 answer to this question