Stop reporting files as broken that they aren't - Announcements - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
deadmau5

Stop reporting files as broken that they aren't

deadmau5    54

C'mon people, just because a kext or something else didn't worked for you, doesn't mean that the file is broken.

The file is broken when you can't unzip it or open because it's corrupt. And if the file it's corrupt, download again. Maybe the server was overloaded and that cancelled your download.

So please, do a little bit of effort when looking for a file. Check if it's your problem.

Thank you

• Like 1

Berto Delacruz    701

Im with you!! I been getting alot of notification that my Amd 5450 is Corrupted.So i keeo checkin and the file isFine.Thank You for bringing that up

• Like 1

Deepak    1,701

If File won't work for and issue related to files plz write in comment area so we can make our work better ,also try to contact uploader of file or admin to related Issue

Thank You 

Best Regards
Deepak

• Like 12

demogoroon    1

KhatPhat-your RADEON HD 6450 KEXT is in fact corrupt however your 5450 is not.When you download a file and it in fact wont unzip it is corrupt.However out of the several times I downloaded it it was several different sizes.I may not be great in the hackintosh world but I m a master with Linux,windoze,etc.......6450 kext corrupt as hell and broken,,,,I reported it as broken....to clarify it wouldn't unzip either after downloading it atleast 10 times at different times of day and night

demogoroon    1

@Deepak- yes I have,tried several things before I went ahead and clicked it as broken...One of the reasons I went ahead and bought the hd540 and strayed from hd6450 was because I couldn't get khatphats  6450 kexts....however I downloaded khatphats 5450 kexts and am using them now they worked flawlessly.Another thing I was curious about-----in his description he speaks of placing both files in kext wizard...When I was able to open it I saw just one kext no other file

deadmau5    54

@Deepak- yes I have,tried several things before I went ahead and clicked it as broken...One of the reasons I went ahead and bought the hd540 and strayed from hd6450 was because I couldn't get khatphats  6450 kexts....however I downloaded khatphats 5450 kexts and am using them now they worked flawlessly.Another thing I was curious about-----in his description he speaks of placing both files in kext wizard...When I was able to open it I saw just one kext no other file

It's working fine

Posted Image

• Like 1

demogoroon    1

@deadmau5-once again didn't for me....Out of several attempts at different times of day and night it did not for me.So maybe it should work for everyone all the time?If server is being overloaded maybe some improvements to said server?or a flashing sign next to downloads like mcdonalds would do?stating its safe to download now?Although I tend to agree if you download something-use it and it doesn't work it isn't the contributors fault I do state if you can't download it is in fact broken.So maybe the ones reporting broken are in fact truthful>maybe some improvements to server very helpful....Whatever the cause I still state the damn thing is broken.If it does not make it into my downloads folder in one piece I ll stick with that...I noticed khatphat states that people complain a lot the hd5450 kext is broken ironically it worked for me to download it so it isn't broken for me so if you don't like people complaining files are broken you know where to look-would also like to state off topic sometimes as I m browsing through forums if i click page 2 it just sends me to page 1 again I never get to the next page,,,so maybe the whole damn site is messed up.Just my opinion -before we claim its the browser I m running 5 dif os s -mavericks,ubuntu 13.10,gnome,linuxmint,windows 8,,,,,it happens in each one of them....lol...this would be the first site Ive been on where you tell the moderators that each time you download the file it comes down in dif sizes,you can't unzip it but they still claim its not broken-no wonder I ended up fixing my issues by myself.Im not really seeing anyone here with any abilities sorry just my opinion as well

deadmau5    54

@deadmau5-once again didn't for me....Out of several attempts at different times of day and night it did not for me.So maybe it should work for everyone all the time?If server is being overloaded maybe some improvements to said server?or a flashing sign next to downloads like mcdonalds would do?stating its safe to download now?Although I tend to agree if you download something-use it and it doesn't work it isn't the contributors fault I do state if you can't download it is in fact broken.So maybe the ones reporting broken are in fact truthful>maybe some improvements to server very helpful....Whatever the cause I still state the damn thing is broken.If it does not make it into my downloads folder in one piece I ll stick with that...I noticed khatphat states that people complain a lot the hd5450 kext is broken ironically it worked for me to download it so it isn't broken for me so if you don't like people complaining files are broken you know where to look-would also like to state off topic sometimes as I m browsing through forums if i click page 2 it just sends me to page 1 again I never get to the next page,,,so maybe the whole damn site is messed up.Just my opinion -before we claim its the browser I m running 5 dif os s -mavericks,ubuntu 13.10,gnome,linuxmint,windows 8,,,,,it happens in each one of them....lol...this would be the first site Ive been on where you tell the moderators that each time you download the file it comes down in dif sizes,you can't unzip it but they still claim its not broken-no wonder I ended up fixing my issues by myself.Im not really seeing anyone here with any abilities sorry just my opinion as well

As you may (or may not) know, niresh distro and niresh forum came from the idea of a liitle big guy called Mr.Niresh. He is the brain behind this. So, he is working for free and paying a host from his pocket to give the best to us. And we (Moderators and administrators from the site) want to help a little bit. Needless to say that we don't get paid for this, it's just a collaboration to help niresh.

Of course, i'm not saying that you're wrong and we're right. I'm just saying that, as you said before, the server it may get overloaded and for that you can't download. Also, it could happen that you can't download due from your residence zone. For example, i'm from Argentina (South America), and if i try to download from a server like China, or Russia, i can't. I mean, i can, but the download speed is so bad, that eventually it dies. So i have to try downloading with a proxy (If you can, give it a try).

And the point of this, as i say. It's very weird that a file it's really broken. And it's broken the owner can easily check it. So, if you need so bad a file, and you can't download, send a pm to the upload, and very kindly, ask him to upload it to another server. It's not very difficult to anybody.

And, in the site we're working hard to get the site fully working, but since we have other priorities in our lifes, we can't dedicate 24hs of our time to the site. And also, we don't have proffesional developers or designers. So, if the site fails, and we can't solve it, we will try to look a solution. Sooner or late it will get fixed, but, you know, shit happens.

• Like 1