Install on Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 - OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stacks Amillion

Install on Dell Inspiron 15r 5537

Question

Hi everybody, first of I'd like to thank you all for any help that you provide me. I'm having trouble installing on my Dell inspiron 15r 5537. I have went over numerous guides to make sure my BIOS settings are correct, but mainly the one I was following was this guide here: ( http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/04/install-mountain-lion-hackintosh-niresh.html )

When I try to boot directly from the DVD the apple logo flashes and then quickly goes to a black screen and nothing happens. So while searching around I found the Clover bootloader and I used that to boot the cd with the default settings and boot arguments (-v debug=1x00) I know about verbose mode since I am a mac user too, so when it was loading up it shows this post-8613-0-50561700-1389634054_thumb.jp

So then i change the boot args (boot flags) to -x PCIRootUID=0 and 1 its shows the apple logo then goes to the circle with a line through it, so I'm at a complete loss, please help me? lol What am i missing.

Here are my pc specs:

notebook-Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 

Graphics-intel hd4000 

Ram-6gb 

CPU- Intel Core i5 2.30ghz

OS-Windows 8.1

Motherboard-unknown/dell

3 answers to this question