Hp DC7800 hangs at PS2 Mouse load Hp DC7800 hangs at PS2 Mouse load - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Jump to content
doobleshaft

Hp DC7800 hangs at PS2 Mouse load

Not sure what I've done wrong here but I've downloaded Yosemite 10.10.1 and have been reading on this site and others for months before having another go at getting this HP DC7800 SFF to install Yosemite.

There are a few issues I've noticed on the Verbose boot including ACPI Errors and warnings but it keeps going until it gets to VoodooPS2Mouse.

The first indication of a fault is when I see this:

VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command failed.

Clearly there isn't one on this computer so that's understandable but it hangs on the next line with this:

VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.13 loaded...

That's as far as it gets. I don't have a PS2 mouse connected, only USB mouse through a KVM switch. It isn't practical to connect directly for me and I don't really want to dig out a PS2 mouse (not convinced that would solve the problem anyway).

So as a search hasn't shown anything yet can anyone advise what I should do to get this install working? I'm assuming I'll have to disable the PS2 mouse and touchpad install but I don't as yet know how to do that.

I'll keep looking and post an update if I find anything.

Hmm... No not Clover bootloader. No idea why I thought it was.

Sorted this with some research as I suspected after a successful install with -x safe mode that the problem was USB ports.

USBBusFix=Yes
Enable the EHCI and UHCI fixes (disabled by default).

EHCIacquire=Yes
Enable the EHCI fix (disabled by default).

UHCIreset=Yes
Enable the UHCI fix (disabled by default).

Using these I was able to get it to boot but now have a network problem. But it looks like this may be resolved by a reboot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Donation Goals

Hosting April 2018

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!

Thanks

$31.08 of $100.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Download Hackintosh

• I managed to install the niresh mav distro and then did the combo update without reinstalling the hackintosh stuff after the update, this ofc resulted in my pc not booting. Ive tried to use the installer to do a time machine backup of my system pre combo update to no avail, and now I cant even get the installer to boot again. any and all help is greatly appreciated. I'm using a asus m4a88t -v evo/usb3 mobo and amd phenom ii x4 965 Deneb edition. I previously booted the installer using -amd64 nv_disable=1 dart=0 and I think -x -v but I cant remember. I think my bios needs to be updated but I cant even find the board on the asus site so any help with that would also be appreciated. if anyone is familiar with the hp flyer red laptop my wife would like me to hackintosh that as well. I have a working windows 10 install and working Ubuntu install, sandisk cruzer 32gb flashdrive and a couple blank cds at my disposal. 
    • hello i have installed sierra on dell optiplex 780 sff everything works perfectly except that i have installed a wifi dongle BL-WN151 in usb but my hack does not recognize it. thank you for helping me if you can. OS X sierra .....
    • Have you got any mac os working on that dell? I own the same one an want to get osx on it too.
    •   My pc takes 4 hours at the end of the installation where it says there is less than a minute to finish.  Someone knows why it does not finish installing or why the fault may be due
    • is there anyone to answer my question please !!
  • Download Statistics

• Files
    • Comments
    • Reviews

Latest File
    By ka209

30    0