Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dmitrij

Successfuly installing Yosemite 10.10.5 on Core 2 Duo and P35 chipset

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, today I was managed to install Yosemite 10.10.5 on an old PC which I bought extremely cheap from a friend, these are :

- Core 2 Duo E8400 @3GHz
- Gigabyte GA P35-DS3R v1.0
- Samsung 4x1GB DDR2 PC6400 SDRAM
- NVIDIA Geforce 9800GT 512MB ( unknown Chinese model ) 
- 500GB WD Green SATA
- LG DVDRW
- An ultra high end 10 years old 15" Samsung LCD with 1024x768 res at 75Hz... fully pure of joy :|

things for installation :

- I'm using transmac from my windows 10 to create Yosemite Zone 10.10.1 usb installer
- BIOS setup was : AHCI enabled, USB as first boot device, virtualization off, HPET on @64bit, ACPI on
- bootflags with -v at first installation

after setup complete
- Multibeast 7.41 for first installation
- I use this custom DSDT = 1166-dsdt-gigabyte-ga-p35-ds3r-f13-rev1.aml
- select Audio 1
- kext dev mode and PCIRoot checked -> reboot

- upon restart write GraphicsEnable=Yes and PCIRootUID=1 but i think it wasn't mandatory

- download OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 combo update from apple store and slam it
- on reboot write flags -f -x first, it will be one helluva slower boot
- use Multibeast 7.50 afterwards, same options as before with 7.41 -> reboot
- don't forget these flags: GraphicsEnable=Yes and PCIRootUID=1
- download and install Nvidia WebDriver 346.02.03f01 and CUDA driver 6.5.51 reboot
- choose NVIDIA as the default graphics, reboot
- setting the Audio MIDI setup and sound over system preferences, mine came out a little bit low on volume, so i installed Boom to boost it up.

as for now everything is working just fine as it should, no apps and hardware are having trouble at all.

3 people like this

Hey, do you think this will work for Sierra on a Core 2 Duo E7500 and Intel DG35EC Motherboard with nVidia 9400 GT. My mother is obviously differnt and the DSDT for your motherboard are available.

I have tried using Clover and... The Restore method.

The Flash USB Maker .. etc. etc. But nothing seem to work. I am doing this on a VMWare Sierra. On Windows. Could that be the problem?

Oh. I know my hardware is compatible. I am basically running the same hardware family as the OP.  Core 2 family processors and 

P35/G35 chipset. Mine is G35 his is P35. Not too different from each other.

Niresh. I just have a couple of questions. :-

1) Will this work with a Vanilla Sierra DMG from apple that contains the .app file and all?

2) IF NOT. Will the Hackintosh Zone Sierra DMG download out here work for this method? I think that one is modified for USB right?

3) This is one is stupidest. How do I set these bootflags? -v -f etc that the OP has suggested?

Like theses - "bootflags with -v at first installation". I know it's usually done during boot time. But my USB doesn't boot. I guess that's happening because I am using Vanilla Sierra.

4) Aside from the above method. What are some other methods I can use for creating a USB using a VMWare.

Mind I already tired Pandora's Box, Clover, Enoch Chameleon....none of them make the USB boot.

Ok. Update. I tried using Yosemite-zone.dmg using Transmac and still no BOOT. I don't know how to set -v on a Yosemite Zone USB created by Transmac.

I think this all might be concerning my BIOS setting or version or something.

2h5sfty.jpg

30ht348.jpg

2058bop.jpg

I don't have an option to set HPET mode.

r1jzir.jpg

wknzmc.jpg

2i7s80o.jpg