GTX 960 and FX-8320: major graphics issues and other problems GTX 960 and FX-8320: major graphics issues and other problems - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Jump to content
An65001

GTX 960 and FX-8320: major graphics issues and other problems

So here's the deal. I've been trying to get the GTX 960 working in my hackintosh for the past 4 days. I can install after applying the boot flags, however:

1. When I updated to 10.10.5 and put in in the amd sse3 kernel in (chameleon loader), thereafter installing the web drivers for nvidia, it would work, but using Finder and several different applications would constantly hang or sometimes even reset the driver.

2. I reinstalled and this time updated to 10.10.2 with the clover loader. Again i tried the drivers for 10.10.2, but they are even worse, artifacting out and finder would crash.

3. Attempting to update to 10.10.3 horribly messed up my install. I haven't tested it there but I have a friend who got it working with 10.10.3.

My system is:

AMD FX-8320 8 core CPU

16GB DDR3 1600 RAM

ASUS M5A99FX Pro r2.0 motherboard

Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB Graphics card

60gb ocz agility ii ssd with 500gb WD hdd

Any solution?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Donation Goals

Hosting April 2018

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!

Thanks

$31.08 of $100.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Download Hackintosh

• Hello, I am trying to install MacOS using the High Sierra Zone Installer on a spare drive on my desktop PC, since I wish to gain experience with MacOS. I am a Linux user, however I did have Windows 10 on a spare hard drive (I need my Sapphire Radeon HD5850 Xtreme to work properly with OpenCL), so I used Windows to create the installation medium (16GB USB3.0/MicroUSB2.0 Sandisk Drive, I have no USB3.0 ports on my desktop) via TransMac. My issue is, both USB (my keyboard is a USB keyboard) and PS/2 (my mouse is a PS/2 mouse)  fail to function when launching the High Sierra Zone Installer from Clover, they both work properly within Clover (also, the rest of the hardware appears to be recognized by Clover, including my graphics card and my (integrated) sound controller, I have no idea about my wireless card, however I can always install it's drivers from TP-LINK's website). My hardware is as such: Intel DH55HC motherboard - latest UEFI Intel Core i3-540 Sapphire Radeon HD5850 Xtreme Generic (A4Tech) PS/2 mouse Generic (Silver Line) USB2.0 keyboard. TP-LINK TL-WN781ND v.2 (Atheros AR9485)   I had already tried different options, such as disabling USB ownership and USB injection (both together and each one by itself) and I had even tried replacing the USB and PS/2 kexts with updated versions by RehabMan, and the situation has neither improved, nor got worse.
    • Do you  have another PC? Since if you do, it's simply a matter of downloading the latest Windows 10 iso (directly from microsoft's website), flashing it with Rufus, and booting it on your computer. I personally am a Linux user (who is a former Windows user) who wishes to test out MacOS, which is why I am here.
    • Hi everyone! I wish I could find some help. I want to install hackintosh my Dell Precision M4600 with the following systems: - Intel Core i7-2760QM (8 CPUs) 2.4GHz, up to 3.5GHz - 8GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro 1000M Graphics Card - LAN : Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection - WiFi: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN Which version of hackintosh should I choose? I've tried installing High Sierra, but it doesn't work perfectly. At least it can be booted by Clover. But I cannot make my Graphics card works :(((
      Please help me... :((
      (So sorry if if I have typo errors. My English is not really good)
      Thank you
    • I have the same cpu, GPU, and SSD. Did you ever get full gfx support? I'm sick of the stuttering. 
    • Install is hanging at 11 minutes  Localhost osinstaller 403 can not connect to /var/run/systemkeychaincheck.socket no such file or directory 
  • Download Statistics

• Files
    • Comments
    • Reviews

Latest File
    By ka209

34    0