Custom AMD build FX 6300 success!! - Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
T10NAZ

Custom AMD build FX 6300 success!!

I am extremely happy that there was a distro for my system! 

specs are the 6300, Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 12gb ram and a MSI Radeon R9 270. It is dual booted with Windows 7 currently

1Rvqx8V.png

All I needed to put was "amdfx -v" as boot flags to get into the installer and it was smooth sailing from there, disk utility formatted my partition that I set up for it and pretty much all I needed in the Customization menu was already selected. It installed without errors and when I rebooted my USB mouse and keyboard wasn't working so the bootflag "UsbBusFix=Yes" fixed that right up and was able to boot into it. Right now I just have 10.9.0 installed, figuring out what I need to install to get it upgraded.

So the bads:

At the moment as far as I know the dvd drive isn't working but I really dont use that so its all good. I am not sure if Audio input is working but Ill try that soon enough. But right now the installation is solid and its performing as if it were a real mac! :)

• Like 1

I was trying to install Niresh OSX 10.9 in my AMD FX6300 based system with Gigabyte GA 78 LMT-USB3 Motherboard. But the file is around 5 GB and I tried to write it into my 8 GB USB Drive using Trans MAC and after it failed to boot into setup, tried to write the ISO file into USB Drive using Power ISO. That also failed to get booted up.

I am new to the installation of OSX into AMD PC. If anyone could help me with this please do. I will greatly appreciate it.

How did you create the Bootable USB?

I am not able to boot from USB even after writing the ISO file using Transmac and Power ISO. Now Trying to make the USB Bootable using Windows Command Prompt and then Copy the Contents in the ISO to the Flash Drive and try that way. Lets see....!!!

I was atlast able to install the Distro using USB Drive. But now, when I start the OSX and try to create the account, it gets stuck and the Keyboard is not working as well. What can I do about this?

I am extremely happy that there was a distro for my system! 

specs are the 6300, Gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 12gb ram and a MSI Radeon R9 270. It is dual booted with Windows 7 currently

1Rvqx8V.png

All I needed to put was "amdfx -v" as boot flags to get into the installer and it was smooth sailing from there, disk utility formatted my partition that I set up for it and pretty much all I needed in the Customization menu was already selected. It installed without errors and when I rebooted my USB mouse and keyboard wasn't working so the bootflag "UsbBusFix=Yes" fixed that right up and was able to boot into it. Right now I just have 10.9.0 installed, figuring out what I need to install to get it upgraded.

So the bads:

At the moment as far as I know the dvd drive isn't working but I really dont use that so its all good. I am not sure if Audio input is working but Ill try that soon enough. But right now the installation is solid and its performing as if it were a real mac! :)

Hi,

I am facing issue with my Keyboard (Non USB) not working and also while setting up the account, system gets stuck. My specs are exactly the same as yours. Managed to install Niresh 10.9.0 but this issue is making it difficult to set up account and get into OSX. Could you help me out with this?

• Like 1