Installed Mavericks, but no audio
1 1

Question

Installed Mavericks, but no audio

I've managed to install Niresh Mavericks from a USB stick onto my Toshiba Satellite L750-18R laptop, which has an Intel Core i5, onboard graphics, Insyde2.0 BIOS, 4Gb RAM, and a 500Gb hard drive. After it booted up and while it was configuring itself, I even managed to install a driver for my Edimax USB WiFi stick and after that I managed to connect to the Internet, view web pages, then downloaded Multibeast, Unibeast, Google Chrome and a few other files. I had a good look round the installed OS to see what wasn't working and I found out that there was no Audio, even after I installed Flash player.

Since doing all of the above, I've tried to install some Universal Voodoo Audio driver and it has never completed installation.

What should I do next?

1 answer to this question

I thought I should tell people how I've solved the Audio driver. After installing this, I had to select Apple/System Preferences/Sound Effects/Play Sound Effects Through. I then have to select Speaker or Haadphones to get it to work. Thanks to Cat and Andrew on YouTube for this advice. When I plug in EarPods, this doesn't cut the sound to the speakers and no sound comes through them unless I select Headphones. I don't think this is how a real Mac works.