Unable to get MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB video card working - OS X Yosemite 10.10 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stan.lloyd

Unable to get MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB video card working

Question

Unable to get MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB video card working

So, long story short I have spent the last 3 days of my sad life trying to build a Yosemite 10.10.1 Hackintosh. My specs are as follows:

Processor: AMD FX-6300

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Motherboard: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3

I used Niresh's Yosemite Zone to install Yosemite onto and 80GB HDD - it works using the bootflags npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 in Clover. The SMBIOS is set to Mac Pro (5,1).

I have already configured the Ethernet drivers and they work properly. Next up was the Nvidia drivers. I went ahead and installed the Nvidia web drivers from Nvidia's website, and attempt to boot with the bootflag nvda_drv=1 instead of nv_disable=1. The Apple logo appears and the loading bar loads around 1/3 of the way, when my monitor then displays 'no signal'. This happens when using both VGA and HDMI (the only 2 connections on my specific GPU).

I then went ahead and tried using Maxwell Enabler 0.3 from osx86.net, installing the kext files using Kext Wizard, but now my system just reboots when using the nvda_drv=1 bootflag (even when using -x to boot into safe mode). However, when I use the nv_disable=1 bootflag, I can boot into OS X (albeit without accelerated graphics) but my GPU is correctly identified in the 'About this Mac' window, which it wasn't before.

So, any suggestions on what I can do now? My patience is wearing incredibly thin with this whole Hackintosh thing, so please suggest anything you think may help.

PS: One last thing is my motherboard does not have integrated graphics, so I can't try pulling the graphics card and attempting a reinstall, as I won't have any means of connecting my monitor.

THANKS!

1 answer to this question