yosemite Yosemite 7Mb VRAM, Mousewheel inverted
2 2

Question

Yosemite 7Mb VRAM, Mousewheel inverted

So, I installed Yosemite (Niresh, 10.10.1), but I have a few problems. The about screen shows I only have 7 Megabytes of VRAM, and the system is stuttering. I don't have cabled Ethernet and my mouse wheel is inverted. I tried to install AMD kexts, but they aren't running after reboot. I'll post images and my config below.

PC:

Asrock 970 Extreme 4, AMD FX-8350, Asus Strix R9 380 4Gb, 1Tb WesterDigital Blue, Ethernet: Realtek 8111E

Booting with: npci=0x2000, Chameleon

I appreciate any help! Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Sorry I'm late to the party....

First of all the mouse wheel inverted is on by default in "System Preferences  >> Mouse >> Natural scrolling" thats an easy fix.

Secondly, the stuttering is very common and easy to fix, download multicast for yosemite and click the DSDT free section, then click build at the top of the page and give it a restart. After that make sure to do some googling around for your gfx specific drivers. I have a fx 8320 extreme and a 750ti and it took me a while to find web drivers but you'll be thankful once you do. After the install and a quick reboot you'll be as good as gold.

Sorry I couldn't provide anything very specific or links but I have faith in you.