1st hackintosh - OS X Lion 10.7 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jackhack

1st hackintosh

Question

1st hackintosh

Hi. I'm new to this and thanks for letting me in.

I own a 21.5 imac and 2 g4 15in powerbooks. i use the powerbooks for music files (itunes) with my dj setup. Recently one of the powerbooks started failing and i can no longer use it with the battery installed and when I unplug it, it does not retain the "bios" settings. I have to do a hard reset to get it up and running. This leaves me without a reliable backup.

I also have a dell inspirion 6400 2gh intel core duo with ATI Radeon x1300 video and 2 gbs of ram. I have a few working sata hds lying around (100gbs to 350 gbs). I could use this "as is" for a backup for my music files, however it would be a real headache to recreate all my settings, i.e. over 200 modified eq presets for example.

With the mac it's just a matter of copying the music library from one mac to another and replacing a couple of small files in the perference folder.

I have the retail disk that came with the imac (mountain lion) and retail disks that came with the powerbooks (lion/tiger).

Is it possible to use the dell as a hackintosh as a backup for my music files using itunes?

If so could someone point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet