RoyceJ

Multimonitor Troubles 750ti

Question

Multimonitor Troubles 750ti

I've just completed the Yosemite Zone install process and have installed all necessary kexts, kernels and whatnot and everything works great with my FX8320 and GTX750ti. But I'm now trying to get my other two monitors working (very unsuccessfully). At the moment I boot with all three plugged in (one HDMI, one VGA, one DVI). My motherboard uses my VGA one as default to display the splash screen, then Yosemite boots fine also using that monitor. If I boot with only one monitor plugged in that isn't my VGA monitor my mob will display the splash screen like normal then go black instead of showing the apple logo and booting. I have the latest nvidia drivers and the dude update and everything works hunky dory but I cannot for the life of me figure out why the other two monitors will not display picture or even show up in the display preferences.

Thanks in advance,

Royce

AMD FX 8320

Asus m5a78l-m lx v2

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750ti

8GB Kingston Ram

120gb Sandisk SSD Boot drive

500GB Storage

1 answer to this question

I have a 750ti as well, but it's the Gigabyte Low Profile, with 4 ports. I have no problems connecting 2 monitors, but I haven't tried 3. 

Make sure you've installed the web drivers for your version of Yosemite, 10.10 or 10.10.1 and then if you're using Clover, boot with nvda_drv=1 and make sure you're not booting with nv_disable=1

Lastly, don't inject NVIDIA in Clover options, as that's for older NVIDIA cards.