Stuck on Hackintosh zone logo - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Javix

Stuck on Hackintosh zone logo

Question

Javix    1
Stuck on Hackintosh zone logo

Hi guys, I'm trying to install yosemite on my laptop. My laptop is a 12 inch xiaomi air with an intel m3 processor without dedicated graphics. I created the installation usb on my mac mini with the restore yosemite package. The usb boots perfectly and I have the option to install yosemite. I hit this option and it gets stuck in the hackintosh zone logo. I tried with the -v option but no message appears, the screen stays black. I started the computer with the bios in legacy mode. Does anyone have any idea how to solve the problem? Thank you so much guys.
PS I am Spanish, sorry if I can not explain better.

2 answers to this question

ojira    3

Had to double take, never heard of the xiaomi air, or intel m3 processor. 

Did some googling, turns out it's a low voltage chip by intel, and your specific model (12 inch) uses intel HD 515, which is skylake.

You said you didn't have any discreet graphics. Skylake integrated graphics are incompatible with everything up to El Capitan 10.11.4 and up. 

My recommendation? It sounds like you have a Mac, since you were using the restore Yosemite package. I would just use Clover + Sierra. Yosemite Zone is completely incompatible with the specifications you listed.

I would download Sierra.app from the Mac App Store. Check out this page http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/11-pandoras-box-os-x-installer/ and download Pandora's box. Create a bootable Sierra USB using Clover (not Chameleon) and after, the USB SHOULD boot.

I'm not completely sure about the intel m3 processor. It SOUNDS like it uses the same chipsets as any skylake processor, but you MIGHT need to use FakeCPUID if we can't get it to boot.

Update us!

• Like 1