Help me figure out a way to install hackintosh on E1-510! - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
xyperbass

Help me figure out a way to install hackintosh on E1-510!

Question

xyperbass    0
Help me figure out a way to install hackintosh on E1-510!

Hello everyone!

I need some help installing Hackintosh on a Acer E1-510 Laptop!
I've heard of a guy on this forum who somehow managed to install niresh 10.10 on it but I've been struggling for such a long time and I can't find a way to even make it boot up..
Any help with what im doing wrong?
I mostly end up on a black screen

4 answers to this question

Rico Cremer    8

I have the same laptop and wasn't able to install macOS on it either. The BIOS only accepts certain filesystems, thus you can only install windows 8, 10 or Linux on it. At some point I managed to boot into clover, but as soon as I wanted to start the installation, my laptop rebooted. I worked around it by installing a lightweight linux distro instead, and ran macOS on it in virtualbox. (You can do it from windows too, but Linux uses less resources -> more RAM available for the VM :P)

Next week I will look at it again. The connector of the power button is broken, next week I'll get the replacement :D

xyperbass    0

Alright cool :D But I've read one person on this website got it to work somehow... He never really replied to any messages or anything though :D

Rico Cremer    8
On 18-2-2017 at 0:19 PM, xyperbass said:

Alright cool :D But I've read one person on this website got it to work somehow... He never really replied to any messages or anything though :D

Yeah I saw his post, but I've never been able to install it. When the laptops came out there was a restriction on the BIOS, it didn't even let you install windows 7. Only windows 8.1 and linux (mine came with puppy linux pre-installed). Later Acer made a BIOS update available for legacy support, which allowed me to boot into Clover but as soon as I hit the installer entry, my laptop just rebooted. So it's either the BIOS that says no, or it's because of the CPU that isn't supported. :P In case of the CPU, you could try to work around that by using FakeCPUID in Clover.

Rico Cremer    8

The power button board replacement came today. Downloading macOS now. I'll report back later. Just a side note, even If macOS will run on it, the graphics are not supported.