2nd Hard Drive not detected when trying to install - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
potatohead303

2nd Hard Drive not detected when trying to install

Question

2nd Hard Drive not detected when trying to install

Hello, I'm having a problem trying to install Yosemite on my computer. When I boot off the USB and go through the process I go to disk utility to try to format my 2nd 250GB hard drive but it doesn't show up there. The only things that shows up is my main hard drive and the USB. I tried disconnecting my main hard drive and only leaving my 2nd one connected but it doesn't work still. I did everything I did in my motherboard, I turned the SATA to AHCI and and set the boot thing to boot off the USB. My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2. Thank you for any responses :)  

4 answers to this question

Rico Cremer    8

Strange. The harddisk is showing up in your BIOS? If so, I'd suggest that you download gParted  or a linux live cd that contains the gParted package (Ubuntu for example). Then you can use gParted to format the harddrive and reboot into the OS X installer to see if it recognizes your harddrive then. Be sure you change the partition table of the drive to GUID (GPT), if it isn't already.

@Rico Cremer Sadly it still didn't work. I selected my drive and deleted the partition then set it to gpt the added the new partition. Im still not sure why it is not seeing my 2nd drive. I set the new partition to fat32.

Rico Cremer    8

What happens if you disconnect your first harddrive and connect your second harddrive to the first SATA port?