Half way into booting then black screen - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Zone Half way into booting then black screen Jump to content
potatohead303

Half way into booting then black screen

Half way into booting then black screen

Hello, I am having a problem when I try to boot into Yosemite after the installation. After the installation it restarts then I unplug my usb boot drive then it loads into the Yosemite Zone Menu. I see two apple logos and under the first one is the name of the hard drive where I installed Yosemite. The other apple logo says Recovery HD. I select my hard drive then halfway into loading it turns into a black screen. Oh yeah and when I was installing Yosemite I clicked customize and installed the npci=0x3000 kext. I also installed Yosemite without the kext and just left as is but it still did the same thing. When I boot into the installer I need to type /amd1 npci=0x3000 in order to load into the installation. I'm guessing it's a graphics card problem, I checked my graphics card compatibility and it is supported, since 10.8. it's the Sapphire Radeon 7950. Thank you for any replies! :D 

There is no such thing as "npci=0x3000" kext. The option in the customization menu actually just adds 'npci=0x3000" to your bootflags. Make sure you are booting with GraphicsEnabler=No. Even though your graphics card might be supported, it can give you the wrong framebuffer.  The framebuffer contains information about the ports and its signals, but in most cases these are wrongly set and causes your monitor to lose signal. Also, boot with bootflag -v to see if any error comes up.

You could also try to boot into safe mode. IF it is graphics card related, you will be able to boot using bootflag -x. Graphics kexts are not loaded within safe mode. 

• Like 1

So I tried booting with -v and -x and also GraphicsEnabler=No and it still gets the black screen. So I guess it's not the graphics card related. I wonder what it can be, and sorry for the late reply. @Rico Cremer

What exactly do you mean by "black screen"? Your monitor turns off because it gets no signal? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Donation Goals

Hosting May 2018

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!

Thanks

$148.22 of $100.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Download Hackintosh

• Affter install High Sierra Zone in: Gigabyte H110m / i3 7100 In first reboot working the graphics but no USB drivers / External USB disks i cant mount clover In the secod reboot have problem, the solution -disiablegfxfirmware ane boot whit config, but hace the same problems, dont see the usb drivers and can not mount uefi partition In other reboot see diferentes config, i try diferents, boot with config_uefi without flags, but when run the graphics dont works but i see the usb drivers and external disk and mount the uefi driver. how repair this? boot with config and fix everting or boot with config_uefi and fix graphics?   sorry my inglis is not god
    • Dear Guys,
      Im trying to install mac os x sierra in my dell laptop and ihave followed all the details and reached the installation part. But im getting error saying "An error occurred installing macOS.To use apple diagnostics to check your mac hardware"
      Guys please please help me with it.ithink im almost 90% close to installing mac os. my lap config as follows.the person who help me resolve will be my hero  Motherboard: INTEL i3 370M 2.40GHZ,0KRP5X CPU: DELL N4030 MODEL. Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeopn HD 5430 Motherboard:  
    • i did one but no hdmi or display port sound even if they are detected processor neither no wifi   and install a multiboot ? i triyed clover but didnt work    
    • Hey can some one help me with a problem https://ibb.co/jv8TRT this is my problem I hope you can help me guys
    • Hi
      I followed Nirav's High Sierra installation guide.
      My problem is that I am getting the below error at the install boot screen (osxAptioFix2Drv:Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
      Using reloc block: no hibernate wake: no)

what I should to do?

my specs:
      Asus Rampage VI Extreme 
      intel Core i7 7800x
      Samsung 960 EVO SSD 250 
      Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI Gaming OC
      GSkill TridentZ DDR4 8x2 GB
  • Download Statistics

• Files
    • Comments
    • Reviews

Latest File