Cannot load Clover; hangs at Scan Entries - OS X EL Capitan 10.11 - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Vengeance1020

Cannot load Clover; hangs at Scan Entries

Question

Posted (edited)

Cannot load Clover; hangs at Scan Entries

I was in Windows for a bit and decided to reboot after rolling back a touchpad driver, after that clover just hangs at Scan Entries. I cant get past it but I can boot into windows when I hit a key and get into the EFI menu (I think thats what that is called) and I select boot from file (this is through clover EFI menu on BIOS laptop) and select EFI and choose the windows efi from a folder within the EFI folder, it boots but then hangs as well, the hard drive will just stop seeking seconds after full boot, so I cant check clover from there, I tried to boot into mac os from there but I cant find its entry. I dont see it in the EFI partition and my other partition which has no label (must be my windows partition) will hang the EFI menu when I select it. I was only once able to get clover to load but that was after a full hard drive scan from BIOS which got cut off because my battery died (I forgot I didn't plug it in) and when clover loaded for whatever reason, my hackintosh partition didn't show up, but recovery was there, I booted into that and I opened disk utility to run first aid on the hackintosh partiton, but it wouldn't mount. So I then went into an Ubuntu DVD and tried to mount there and it said it couldnt due to a block error. I cannot understand why this is happening but it somehow completely compromised my ability to boot into any OS. I ran more Full Hard drive tests in BIOS and all tests pass (quick, full, SMART). I just cannot understand this. Please help, I don't want to reinstall El Capitan and everything else again. 

I have clover 4012 installed on an HP HDX16 1370US notebook

Intel T7250 CPU (had to downgrade because I broke last CPU)

4 GB DDR2 800MHz ram

Seagate hard drive 500GB

I will provide more details upon request

UPDATE: I was able to fix the error by removing my Hackintosh partition, Windows said it was corrupt and all tools I could access had no ability to fix it, so I had to reinstall. And somehow when I removed the Hackintosh partition, windows became unbootable with error inaccessible boot device. I am currently running scans to see if I can fix it without removing it as well. Last hard drive sector scan reported all sectors were OK. Yay technology...

Edited by Vengeance1020
Fixed error, but not without further issues

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet