stephen webster

[Solved] EFI Mounting And Graphics

Question

efi mounting and graphics

just installed sierra but im trying to mount the efi partition to do the nvidia web drivers fix, but using clover config app, it says there are no efi partitions? could there have been a problem with installation? the computer . seems to be running fine but i have to load the drivers using clover at every bootup. *edit* just checked and it appears ive set the hard drive as mbr. is that the problem possibly?

Device Name: WDC WD2500AAJS-00B4A0

•   Media Name: WDC WD2500AAJS-00B4A0 Media
  •   Medium Type: Rotational
  •   Protocol: SATA
  •   Internal: Yes
  •   Partition Map Type: MBR (Master Boot Record)
  •   S.M.A.R.T. Status: Verified

4 answers to this question

MBR Partition Map doesn't have EFI Partition, GUID Partition Map have EFI Partition.

I assume that you have installed legacy Clover, If you want to edit Clover Config.plist then look into EFI folder in Main Volume.

Sometimes your volume might be hidden, Open Terminal, run this command to reveal EFI folder

open /EFI

@stephen webster Keep me posted

1 person likes this

ok im doing this but i keep being told config.plst is locked and i cant make changes. im a bit of a noob lol. any ideas?

Locked? Ok there are two ways in which it could be locked, here is how you can resolve it

sudo -s
#Enter Password
chmod -R 777 /EFI
chflags -R nouchg /EFI

@stephen webster Keep me posted

Cheers mate. Got it sorted. Thanks a lot :) apart from this little hiccup, this distro is great

1 person likes this