mdg1618

Sierra - no bless setting for a primary boot program was found

Question

Sierra - no bless setting for a primary boot program was found

Hello:

I had Yosemite 10.10.5 installed on my PC (PC specifications are noted below) via "Niresh's Yosemite with AMD & Intel ISO & USB" and everything ran well.

Recently, I tried to upgrade to Sierra OS via "Hackintosh Sierra Zone", but ran into some problems. I rechecked my BIOS settings and everything was OK and I also checked (verified) my SSD, which was also OK.

During the booting of my system, I use the flags:
cpus=1 npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1
which allows me to get to the install screen, where I am able to access Disk Utility to erase my SSD.

Afterwards, I use the "Customize" button within the macos installer to install needed drivers and kexts (I have tried to install Sierra OS without changing any of the settings as well).

At last, I press the "Continue" button within the macos installer and after a couple of seconds, I get a message:
"no bless setting for a primary boot program was found"

I searched the forum and found a similar problem and deleted "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi" from: HZ/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI using Windows 10, because I did not know how to do it in the terminal.

Even after the deletion of "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi" I still receive the message "no bless setting for a primary boot program was found". I also tried to install Sierra OS onto my system by utilizing different USB ports on my PC.

I have searched for common boot flags to alleviate this problem and I have searched the Web as well with no solution found until now.

Thank you in advance for your assistance towards this matter.

PC Specifications:
MoBo: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition (BIOS:0602 x64)
CPU: Intel i7-4930K
GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 780 Ti 3072MB OC
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominator Platnium 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 DRAM 2133MHz C8
PSU: Super Flower 1000W
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 280l
System Drive: Samsung 840 Pro - 128 GB SSD
Storage Drive: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB - 7200 RPM 64MB Cache

1 person likes this

9 answers to this question

Did you change the SMBIOS?

1 person likes this

Hello Niresh,

Thank you for your reply.

I did not change the SMBIOS, it is still set for iMac 14,2.

i am also having the same issue with my installation on g61m gigabyte motherboard, previously running el captian. 

one thing to note that i tried the same installation with any another 500gb seagate harddisk, its showing random issue with different package files, 
like audio.pkg, network.pkg, dart0.pkg respectively after unselecting one by one from customize menu.

Hello Ashishdadhich,

Sorry to hear that? Did you get your system up and running yet?

I got mines up and running, but I had to download and install Niresh Yosemite on my system at first. After that I downloaded Sierra OS X from Hackintosh Zone and then made a bootable Sierra USB using Disk Utility.

After that my system would only boot with the USB plugged in, so I had to copy my EFI folder from my USB and replaced it with the one on my disk drive (mounted both drives on the desktop using clover configurator) and now all works well.

I hope that this helped you, if not please feel free to comment. I will do my best to be of service although I am also new at this.

Hello mdg1618,

thanks for your reply, but i am still trying to install sierra on my computer, let me try to follow your way with yosemite first, i will let you know how it works.

thanks again.

On 16/04/2017 at 5:53 AM, Niresh said:

Did you change the SMBIOS?

Hi Niresh,

Do you know a fix for the ''No Bless Setting For A Primary Boot Program Was Found''? I have tried several times install the sierra zone and always the same error.

My computer is a toshiba P755-103, runs the Yosemite zone very well.

best regards,

Had the same problem but i solved it by changing the bootloader in the settings before the installation. Hope this helps, regards. Bill Gates

On 7/14/2017 at 5:44 PM, BillGates said:

Had the same problem but i solved it by changing the bootloader in the settings before the installation. Hope this helps, regards. Bill Gates

couldve just changed the hard drive you want to install the mac os on to primary boot in your bios

On 14/07/2017 at 11:44 PM, BillGates said:

Hi, do you know the bootloader that you have installed? 

Best regards,