NireshFan

Stuck on Boot Logo/Black Screen

Question

Stuck on Boot Logo/Black Screen

Hey,

Thank you Niresh for making this possible!

I had some issues my laptop not detecting the USB, but it started detecting it after I changed boot mode from UEFI to Legacy.

It started to successfully boot afterwards but it just gets stuck on the Hackintosh Zone boot screen. So I rebooted my laptop and ran it with -v and also with the graphicsEnabler=no option but both of those just make it get stuck on a black screen instead.

My laptop is a Acer Aspire V15 Touch with an Intel i7-5500u CPU and a GTX 840m GPU. My USB is 8GB if that matters.

Pictures of the boot options and -v option:

Hope I didn't miss anything.

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

This is a Chameleon bug, so updating chameleon or trying to edit chameleon configuration plist may help

try UseKernelCache=Yes bootflag,

or when booting from USB Keep pressing number 6, Which will load clover boot-loader, you may try installing with clover

16 minutes ago, Niresh said:

This is a Chameleon bug, so updating chameleon or trying to edit chameleon configuration plist may help

try UseKernelCache=Yes bootflag,

or when booting from USB Keep pressing number 6, Which will load clover boot-loader, you may try installing with clover

Thank you for replying! 

Just tried both ways, neither worked.

KernelCache bootflag did nothing, still got stuck in the Hackintosh Zone boot logo.

Pressing number 6 would yield a result saying no bootable devices found

1 person likes this

You must press number 6 After selecting USB as Boot device, Try Chameleon bootflag -F