• 0

Freeze on start with NVidia Web Driver
1 1

Question

Freeze on start with NVidia Web Driver

Hi, my Hackintosh is successfully installed but if I use the NVidia Web Driver, Sierra start but when I arrived on the login screen, I can't do anything, no cursor, no keyboard, nothing.

If I start with nv_disable=1, I can  use correctly the computer.

 

Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce 410m

 

Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my language.

 

Cordially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

  • 0

Hi,

Im facing the same issue w geforce gt 705, Sierra installed, the card is detected but very poor performance. Whenever using Nvidia web driver, at login screen everything is stuck. 

Any ideas?
 

System configuration:

Processor Name:    Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:    3.59 GHz

Memory:    16 GB

Chipset Model:    Dell GeForce GT 705

  Type:    GPU

  Bus:    PCIe

  Slot:    PCI Slot 0

  PCIe Lane Width:    x16

  VRAM (Total):    2048 MB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/17/2017 at 1:55 PM, Volting said:

Freeze on start with NVidia Web Driver

Hi, my Hackintosh is successfully installed but if I use the NVidia Web Driver, Sierra start but when I arrived on the login screen, I can't do anything, no cursor, no keyboard, nothing.

If I start with nv_disable=1, I can  use correctly the computer.

 

Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce 410m

 

Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my language.

 

Cordially

Do you have Nvidia Injection set to True in the config.plist file?
If so, then you may want to reinstall the Nvidia Web Drivers and make sure you boot into the system with the following bootflags until you enable the Web Drivers:

-v GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1

Since you are forced to reboot after installing the Nvidia default drivers, you'll have to put these bootflags in again so you can enable the web drivers from the control panel

Once you've enabled the web drivers and are rebooting, you can remove the bootflags and hopefully you'll get a working display. (As long as you didn't set the BIOS to IGPU only and as long as your monitor and connectors are functioning)

On 5/19/2017 at 0:44 PM, dapostolov said:

Hi,

Im facing the same issue w geforce gt 705, Sierra installed, the card is detected but very poor performance. Whenever using Nvidia web driver, at login screen everything is stuck. 

Any ideas?
 

System configuration:

Processor Name:    Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:    3.59 GHz

Memory:    16 GB

Chipset Model:    Dell GeForce GT 705

  Type:    GPU

  Bus:    PCIe

  Slot:    PCI Slot 0

  PCIe Lane Width:    x16

  VRAM (Total):    2048 MB

Are you still able to log in or does your system lock up at the login screen?

That OEM GPU is hopeless unfortunately, I have had success with the EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and my hackintosh installation without any performance problems. (It can run games, do 4K video editing in Final Cut Pro even though it can't export H.264 past 1080p unfortunately (that's just software limitations from Apple))

The good news is that you can pick up the same GPU for less than $100 but that's just my recommendation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Kim,

The system is locked up/hanged completely :( so it is not some USB(mouse, KBD) issue, also i'm using UEFI bootloader; The craziness is that im not able to find anything in the logs but i assume it is the video driver as before installing the Web one, only one of the monitors is working w poor performance, while whenever the Web driver is installed, both of the monitors are displaying the blury wallpaper/login screen but it is complete stuck at that moment

Meanwhile w maverick the video card was working fine, so i think there is a way to make it works but not an expert :( so any suggestions are welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, dapostolov said:

Hi Kim,

The system is locked up/hanged completely :( so it is not some USB(mouse, KBD) issue, also i'm using UEFI bootloader; The craziness is that im not able to find anything in the logs but i assume it is the video driver as before installing the Web one, only one of the monitors is working w poor performance, while whenever the Web driver is installed, both of the monitors are displaying the blury wallpaper/login screen but it is complete stuck at that moment

Meanwhile w maverick the video card was working fine, so i think there is a way to make it works but not an expert :( so any suggestions are welcome

If the Nvidia web drivers for Sierra aren't working for you, then you may want to consider downgrading to El Capitan.

Are you wanting to install OS X Sierra to get the latest release for a particular app (such as the latest version of Xcode) or are you just wanting a functioning hackintosh in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I've same nvidia graphic card that is 410m and facing same issue , stuck at login or some time just few seconds after login. So its nvidia web driver issue mostly because i tried mac os sierra 10.12.4 vanilla flavor and web driver for same, no stuck, perfectly working graphic but lots of other issues. I just hope if we can use Niresh Distro with nvidia graphic. 

 

So my finding is latest version of nvidia web driver is supported on 10.12.4 so its something different issue, not the compatibility issues. May be Niresh can help or provide support for nvidia driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey Kim,

I dont need Sierra for a particular app... it was time to move from Mavericks :) which is pretty good OS but quite old and some apps are not supported any more

@Niresh Maybe Niresh will be able to give us a hint? :) and it will be very appreciated 

Meanwhile do u know any good guide for El Capitan...vanilla one i guess?

mn thnx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/24/2017 at 10:21 AM, dapostolov said:

Hey Kim,

I dont need Sierra for a particular app... it was time to move from Mavericks :) which is pretty good OS but quite old and some apps are not supported any more

@Niresh Maybe Niresh will be able to give us a hint? :) and it will be very appreciated 

Meanwhile do u know any good guide for El Capitan...vanilla one i guess?

mn thnx

The method I used to install Yosemite on my PC was using TransMac to write the DMG file of Niresh Zone Yosemite to my 8 GB flash drive.

If you want to go with the appstore version of El Capitan, then you'll need to have access to a Mac or at least have El Capitan running in a virtual machine like I did using the DevHackers El Capitan ISO on VirtualBox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CshWGnOMwcc

From there you can download the appstore version of El Capitan (10.11.6) and get your USB ready using disk utility and write the contents of the appstore version of El Capitan to your flashdrive with Unibeast which will also include the Clover bootloader if my memory serves me correctly.

It may be a bit easier to use Niresh Zone El Capitan if you're coming from Windows. I don't know the process for those on Linux but I suppose the ISO version would suffice in that circumstance alongside the dd command in terminal. (If you're using TransMac on Windows, you'll want to get the DMG version. If you're using VirtualBox or Linux, you'll want to get the ISO version.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
1 1