Reboot instead of shutdown

Question

Reboot instead of shutdown

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to prevent my machine from rebooting when I try to shut it down? Thank!!

4 answers to this question

Please guys, I'm sure someone here has the answer to this :)

Can you shut down the machine through the terminal using this command:

sudo shutdown –h now

It may prompt you for confirmation after putting this command in, but it may work.

If you're wanting to put it into a script that you can run without having to remember the command:

echo "#!/bin/bash" > shutdown.sh
echo "shutdown -h now" >> shutdown.sh
chmod 777 shutdown.sh

To call that script:

sudo ./shutdown.sh

1 person likes this

The script seemed to work, but sadly exactly the same result. The machine seems to shutdown but actually reboots. An extremely annoying bug since I manager this machine headless via my iOS devices.

15 hours ago, coords said:

The script seemed to work, but sadly exactly the same result. The machine seems to shutdown but actually reboots. An extremely annoying bug since I manager this machine headless via my iOS devices.

Okay so I may have found the answer from insanelymac regarding the same issue with Yosemite (which seems to be an issue with Clover bootloader and the motherboard being used)

You can try this setings

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
        <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
        <true/>
</dict>

or

<key>SlpSmiAtWake</key>
<true>

It adds SLP_SMI_EN=0 at every wake. It may help solve sleep and shutdown issues on UEFI boot.

Those settings have to be added to your /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file if they're not already in there.

I haven't tested these since Yosemite doesn't seem to have shutdown issues, but some members on that thread were saying that adding one of those settings to their config.plist file helped with their power issue.