Best Backup & Restore for MacOS Sierra - Hackintosh Sierra - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nthkmf

Best Backup & Restore for MacOS Sierra

Question

Best Backup & Restore for MacOS Sierra

Dear all,

Thank you Hackintosh.zone for bringing the latest version of MacOS to PC. This is the first time I install MacOS on PC successfully.

Yesterday, I try to use Time Machine to backup the OS and try to update the OS to 10.12.5 - which is available on the Store. After that, the OS gets stuck. It does not drive me to the login screen so I think about restore from Time Machine backup, But it is impossible. I found some articles, they told that there is an option to use restore from Time Machine function from the boot disk, but I cannot find the one in the Boot USB that was made with the DMG file downloaded.

So, is there any solution for this? or I need to burn another Boot USB to get the restore function to restore OS from the Time Machine Backup?

Thank you very much.

Hoc Nguyen from Vietnam.

1 answer to this question

You cannot find it on that usb disk because it is not there. It is however on earlier versions like the Mavericks usb installer, which is what I used. I could not get Sierra to install properly so I made one from the Mac store version and found a custom kernel made for Sierra 10.12.4 that works on 10.12.5 so I'm running the latest Sierra right now.