Last night I proceeded to install Yosemite on my custom rig.
After Yosemite installed onto my ssd hard drive off of my external hard drive, I began to go into the BIOS to boot from the ssd.
When I booted, the Hakintosh red apple logo with the axe appeared, it proceeded to boot but it got 1/3 of the way there and then this showed up:
I tried running in safe-mode by booting with -x but the results changed by very little.
The change was that it begun blue and green and then switched to black and red except there was a cursor (extremely corrupt cursor).
My computers specs are of so:
- Intel Core i7 4930k
- 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (@1333mhz) (2 sticks of 4GB DDR3)
- ASUS Saber-tooth x79 (2011 motherboard)
- nVidia 9800 GT (512mb of GDDR3 RAM) (yeah I know, an outdated graphics card. However another forum said it was still supported)
- Installed off of a 500 GB Toshiba external hard drive
- Booting off of a 250 GB Samsung evo 850 ssd
I have yet to try booting with the /haswell (as I saw it *could* help in another forum)
Please respond soon I am a high school freshman and I need MAC OS X for Mac's xCode for my science fair project.
Thank you for taking the time to read, I hope that was clear enough. I could clear up a couple more things if you need so.