Update base, kernel and kext
I'm testing yosemite zone, and well, it works pretty well on Amd 8320 fx.
However I'm pretty new to mackintosh world, so I know a very little about it.
It runs with defaults (and prebuilt optimized) boot args.
I'd like to update/test the new version and kernel (10.10.4) which should fix shutdown issue also in a vm I use for that.
I'm not sure about the order of these things:
1) Should I run backup? (well, probably it's almost mandatory xD)
2) Should I update version directly from hackintosh?
3) When/where/how update kernel and kexts; how to preserve the previous ones.
4) Can be kernel-new kexts tested before replacing anything? (a sort of /kernelname -loadkext=path/to/kext/1.kext in bootloader).
5) Loading in bootloader; probably can be done both with GUI, startup console or editing the file, but it's better to know the various options.