I would like to respectfully and joyfully give thanks to the Niresh community and to the entire hackintosh community, as I was finally able to make a hackintosh install work for me and not just parts of it, but the whole awesome software and hardware.
Below are my hardware specs:
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU: Intel I7-3770k
RAM: 20GB RAM (3 chips of 4GB and one chip of 8GB)
Video: Nvidia GTX 650 4GB RAM
Keyboard: Logitech G15 first generation
Mouse: A4Tech G6 Saver
Printer & Scanner: HP PSC 1510
What have I used: Default Niresh Mavericks ISO for USB, the utility for creating the USB while still on Windows.
I have booted the installation with flags: "-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes"
The installation failed on the first run after 20 minutes time, when the progress bar reached the end, it showed a generic error message, something like "the installation failed" or "installtion error" or something like that.
I gave it another try, the second time the installer went smooth and finnished the job.
I have booted the fresh installed system with the following flags: "-v darkwake=0 dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No".
The system works absolutely perfect, flawlessly and stable.
It's been running for 4 days already without a single glitch.
This is what is working:
- CPU all 8 cores (counting real and HT)
- Video Card, Nvidia GTX 650 fully recognised, dual monitor, VGA and DVI, 1650x1050
- Onboard sound, recognised by default Niresh Installtion; works only as stereo sound output on the back and front and mic input on the back and front; I haven't tried to make it work as 5.1 output, don't know if it's possible or not.
- Onboard Ethernet recognised by default Niresh Installation and works ok
- USB ports, including USB 3.0 ports, all working
- USB Card Reader installed in the place of the floppy drive, works ok, all SD cards mount and can be accessed
- ASUS DVD drive works ok
- Logitech G15 first generation works as a normal keyboard (no LCD or G-keys),
- (EDIT) my Printer & Scanner: HP PSC 1510 also works fully
- SLEEP WORKS !!! To my biggest surprise (and ironically, biggest joy), the Sleep functionality works just as normal, when I send the Mac-PC to sleep it goes to sleep in about 7-8 seconds and then I am able to bring it back alive by USB keyboard. Going to sleep means the fans stop, the mechanical hard-drives stop, everything like a "normal" sleep on windows.
The system works beautifully and really fast; in time I played with VMWare and VirtualBox versions of MAC OS and they were all sluggish and annoying (not to mention not fully-functional) but this installation of mine not only does it fully work, but it does so really fast and ok.
I've installed it on a separate internal 250GB, 7500RPM SATA 2 HDD which I had laying around and so that's kinda the bottleneck for the system; if I would have used an SSD (as the one I have for the Windows Installtion), then I'm sure the MacPC would have ... flew
Currently installed and working ok XCode, default and known mac apps for video editing and text editing, utilities, etc.
I've also installed an NTFS related software which allows me to have "write" permissions on NTFS hard-drives, having thus the possibility to fully utilise my external HDDs just as I do from windows (mostly for NEF files).
I hope I wrote all the pertinent info. If I left something out, feel free to ask.
Thank you again.
Have a good night/day, wherever you are