First of all thank you for all the guides and wonderful resources. This is a lot of work.
To start, here's my h/w spec:
- Asus H97-PLUS
- Intel i5 4460 (3.2GHz, 6MB Cache, LGA1150)
- 8GB Kingston RAM (1 stick)
- 2 x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA drives
- 1x Asus DVD Writer
That's it. I'm using onboard everything.
What I mean by "semi-working" is this:
- I managed to get it installed. The key thing for this board is PCIRootUID=1
- The bootloader is another business. Apparently Asus decided to drop GUID boot support since 8-series board
so you have to activate EFI partition and install separately. Thank you Bob Roche on YouTube (
The main issues are:
- The onboard RTL8111GR networking chip is only running at 10Mb at half-duplex. It is better than nothing but I don't think this is right.
I'm using the Mieze driver installed via Mac Pois0n. What diagnostic info do I need to post here to move forward?
- Video: I'm using "-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=10 PCIRootUID=1" at boot time but how do I know it is indeed using the onboard HD4600 with proper acceleration? Does it only work on DVI/HDMI ports as I'm currently connected on old VGA port only.
- Audio: Haven't bother with this yet
And there's all these other "little things" that I'm really not sure what to install to fix them. Things like:
- CPUPowerManagement: Do I just install the NullCPUPowerManagement?
- Missing BlueTooth Controller: Or somehting like that. At boot time it spends like a minute on this thing and move on.
And there's the confusion about the bootloaders. So far I gather there is:
I'm guessing the USB boot sticks made by niresh and tonymac are both Chameleon. Is that right? This matters because of this Asus 9-series board I must revert to installing the bootloader manually.
So for the next step any pointers on the NIC and the video would be much appreciated.