- Advertisement -
thebutt27

No packages eligible for install

thebutt27

When trying to install Mac OS I run into an error No packages eligible for install. I fixed it by changing the time in terminal and then I ran into the no bless error. I fixed that to and no I am running into the same error, No packages eligible for install.

SteveLon

I'm getting that too. Obviously, this means that Mac OS has found something which isn 't on a real Mac, or that your PC is too old and unsupported.  I think that first of all you need to describe your computer hardware and BIOS setup. 

I've tried to install on two Toshiba Satellite laptops. One of these is a Toshiba Satellite L750 with Intel Core i5 (2nd gen), 4Gb RAM, non UEFI BIOS and a 500Gb hard drive. This drive contains GRUB bootloader, Linux Mint, Salient OS (Arch Linux) and a partition I've formatted using the Disk Utility for Mac OS with Niresh Sierra. The other laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro C50 with Intel Core i5 (4th gen), 6Gb RAM, UEFI BIOS, and a 500gB hard drive. This hard drive contains GRUB bootloader, KDE Neon Linux, Elementary OS Linux, and a 75Gb partition I'v formatted as a Mac format from the Disk Utility. This laptop shows a different boot menu when I boot with UEFI turned on. This boot menu contains Clover, but when I try to boot from Clover nothing happens. 

Both of these laptops have previously containjed Windows 10.Each hard drive has a small partition reserved for the system. Is this what's causing the trouble? If so, what an I do?

Ashtur

Here is the fix :

During the installation, before choosing the destination disk, open the terminal and type : date 0924000018

Then start the installation.

Enjoy!

SteveLon

Thanks! It went through the installation, taking about 20 minutes, but at the end of that I got the error message "Undefined Error Code 0"! A fat lot of good that is. After that, I rebooted and found out it had installed some kind of base system, with various options available from a boot screen, but of course none off them would boot into Sierra

After that, I spent some time installing Mavericks, which is now working! Unfortunately, lots of apps said they required at least OSX 10.10. After a good night's sleep I read a list o Mac OS/OSX versions, then realised that Mavericks is older than Yosemite, which I managed to install in 2016! Unfortunately, Yosemite kept booting into a lo res mode.  now plan to try and insttall El Capitan. I'll post about that in the El Capitan forum. 

Ashtur

You should try High Sierra from Hackintosh downloads. It is working perfectly.

SteveLon

OK, I'll try High Sierra, but I'm not sure it's compatible with my Toshiba Satellite L750 non UEFI BIOS laptop. It looks like I'll have to find out the hard way!

SteveLon

I typed "date 0924000018" after a message sazing it couldn't be installed After waiting about 32 minutes for the installation to finish, it froze, then I had to press thee power button. When I turned it on again, all I got was the following messages on a text screen...

boot0: GPT 

boot0: GPT

boot0: error

What does this mean? 

Ashtur

You have to type the date before this installation. And even if you have errors at the end of the installation, boot from the USB in legacy mode and choose the disk where you installed MacOs

SteveLon

I'm afraid that I soon found out I had to boot using the USB stick to select the right disk. I've tried and failed to install Clover! How can I install Clover? Could I install GRUB instead?